...play it!



Gaytastic

DC Pride was just fabulous. It started off with a bang at a bar called Tom Tom. I saw just about everyone out there. We danced and drank the night away!

My friends put together the Dyke March that Saturday, so I was out there showing my support (wandering around Dupont). We drank alllll day and were having a great time during the parade. Then we drank some more and some more. They had a huge party at this club called Love. I’ve been there a few times, and it’s always fun. But I guess the drinks and heat from the day were getting to me, so I went home early.

The next day was the festival. It was more fun than last year since I was more relaxed and had a bunch of friends and acquaintances there. I went with one of my friends and met up with her new girlfriend. Mistake. They were all huggy and kissy, so I just had to leave. Grabbed a drink at the beer cage. Grabbed another one. Then my other friends started showing up. That made it much better. My friend, Mara Levi, performed on the big stage. It was awesome seeing her up there in front of the capitol. Overall, it was a good Pride.

I’ve just been keeping busy and trying to keep my mind off of things. Grilling out at friends’ houses, hanging out, having fun. It’s all making it harder to think about leaving this place and these great people. We watched the Spurs kick ass in the NBA Finals against the Cavaliers. I went to a Korean Film Festival screening for a movie called The Grace Lee Project. It was highly entertaining, and I recommend it to everyone.

Last weekend, I went kayaking on the Potomac. It’s a great arm and back workout! I also volunteered at the Waterfront Festival in Arlington. The Red Cross put on this festival with rides, games, food, music, etc. I worked the beer tent, checking ID’s (saw an alarming number of lesbians ;-)). To my dismay, we couldn’t drink on the job. But it was fun volunteering with some friends. Toby Lightman and Bowling for Soup performed (wasn’t very impressed with either).

Sunday was an awesome day. I skipped out on this month's open mic to go to the True Colors Tour! The Gossip started it off. I also got to see Erasure, The Dresden Dolls, Margaret Cho, Rosie O’Donnell, Debbie Harry, Rufus Wainwright and (of course) Cyndi Lauper! Debbie Harry, actually, kinda sucked. But everything else was awwweeeessssooommmee! I had so much fun. I went with another couple and one of my friends (who I’ve been crushing on as of late…but that will go nowhere since I’ll be leaving soon….and I’m a dork). But it was good times.

So, this week, I’ve just been keeping busy with work and volunteering. Things are still rocky with the breakup, but I’m hoping for things to get better soon. ‘Girls just wanna have fun!’

Have fun everyone!






posted by em @ 11:47 AM,

1 Bowls of Rice:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger jodi.2 shouted...

i've decided to comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home